Brand: Derby Originals
Product Code: 71-7132BK
Availability:Out of stock
Have a question?
GENEROUSLY SIZED – this slow feed bale bag is sized to comfortably fit a two-string hay bale with room to spare, and measures 37.5” x 19” x 19” overall. The holes on this bale bag measure 1.75” x 1.75”.
EASY TO USE – to put this slow feeder over your bale, simply hold it upside down and slide it over the bale, then flip the bale over and close the top. This bale bag easily slides over most bales and is easy to tie.
EASY TO HANG – our bale bag has a heavy duty nylon hanging strap that measures 7.5 ft long so you can comfortably hang this bale bag from a beam, stall wall, a tree branch in the pasture or fence post, etc.
HEAVY DUTY CONSTRUCTION – this bag is made from a sturdy 1” thick nylon with reinforced stitching at every seam to ensure it holds up for years to come, and can withstand abuse from the toughest animals.
NOT JUST FOR HORSES – this bale bag is great for donkeys and mules, cattle, sheep and goats, alpacas, llamas, and other livestock. It’s also great for use in trailers, not just barns or in the pasture.
1.75” x 1.75” holes
Size: 37.5” x 19” x 19”
Directions for Use
- Slide the slow feed bale bag over an intact bale of hay (it will be easier if the bale still has the twine holding it together) that is stood on it’s end.
- Once the bale bag is covering the bale, flip it right-side up so that you can close the top.
- Once the bale is securely within the slow feed bag, cut the twine on the bale and remove it.
- Wind the top string through it’s end loop, and then through the side loops to create a figure 8 so that the bale hags straight.
- Find a sturdy place to hang the bale from and use the attached nylon rope to hang the bale bag so it is at a comfortable height for your horse to eat from.